Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Why Gen Y is Going to Change the Web?

Why Gen Y is Going to Change the Web?

The article talks about technology and how it has advanced through its usage by Generation Y. Basically informing those who are not “digital natives” or those prior generations who are not highly dependent on something such as social networking to complete a task, which is becoming the start of a new era. It’s affecting the advertising markets, businesses and labels or whomever trying to appeal to the generation Y market to keep up sales. As exemplified, print is something that is suffering from this technology forward as stated, "They read the news, but not in newspaper format, which is going to hurt that industry even more as time goes by." By the use of pictures and video clips the author makes her point across explaining to the “digital immigrants” that through observations and more so research from other sources and articles concludes their outlook of Generation Y’s behavior.
If I were to write on this topic, being that I am what would be called a “Digital Native”, I would probably include some of my personal experiences and how they were at advantages and disadvantages. Other than that she was pretty on track with the media used and tone presented, which was not too serious but funny depending on your sense of humor. The text could have been a little bigger and maybe in a different color, like I said I like to experiment, so maybe I could attract an audience of my own age.

No comments: